Mary's Make Up Evolution

Make up was never my thing. I was and still is a late bloomer as compared to the younger generation.Watching Youtube almost everyday, I was quite surprise that expert make-up tutorials were made by kids as young as eleven or twelve. Recently, I watched Talia Joy Castellano (RIP pretty girl!) in her Youtube videos <http://www.youtube.com/user/taliajoy18> and I was quite fascinated by her love of make up and making tutorials. Never did I saw her with a trace of sickness, what I see is a happy lovely girl with a contagious smile. I guess she is now an inspiration to all kids and teen out there and no exception, to me as well. She opened my mind that art and expression is not just limited on canvasses.

                                                                   


I once was a little girl whom secretly tried-on mommy's lipsticks and make up kit when she was not around. I was one of the girls who made sure to pick red lollipop from garapon (candy jar) and bought those cherry bubble gum to make our lips red just like mommy's. Despite of that, I was not that fond of wearing make-up in public. During my flower girl era and recitals, adults have to put make-up on me while I was asleep or else all hell will break loose! But, If I already woke up with it on I wont mind. It must be that itchy and ticklish brushes or the sneeze-provoking powders. 

In my preteen and teen years,  friends and I would eagerly collect red crepe paper decor during after-parties or events. We use it as lip-stains. It was back then, make-up are exclusively SPG (strict parental guidance), we are only allowed to wear it during special occasions, school presentations or events. Also, if you use make up, other girls would make fun of you and worst, call you unpleasant names. Yes, our culture was a little bit behind.
College days...dont ask when.

In college (B.S. Nursing), we were required to have light make up or at least wear lipstick, not to look more sickly pale than our patients. I am the number one candidate, I have anemia that causes my skin and lips to look like a ghost . But, I hated lipstick! I also have some skin allergy, my lips would crack, itch or even swell when I apply lipstick or even balm. Even those hypo-allergenic type does not work.

At one time during our duty, a patient suddenly asked me if I was okay with a concern look on his face. He said I look extremely pale and I should rest. What? That was unacceptable! After that, yes I had my color all right! I was flushed red from embarrassment! That's when I started my search for make-up that would suit me well but, still I was not yet a fan. I bought make up a lot of times just out of curiosity or impulsiveness but most of them are ultimate fail.

My make up bag/pouch, see everything fits here!
As of now my make up collection consisted of just the basics; lipstick, lip balms, pressed powders, liners, 2 brushes (shadow and blush) and powder blushes all packed up in one make up pouch. I bought and was also given lipsticks (bout a dozen or more) and make up kits but as I mentioned above I got an allergy so some of them were given away after I tried it out and some got expired left untouched.

I am now a fan of the beauty tutorials, reviews and recommendation in Youtube and I am decided I would explore. I learned that there are a lot of makeup brands available now here in the Philippines with good quality but affordable prices. Some of the mentioned brands are made in the here such as Ever Bilena, Careline and HBC and some are imported but inexpensive ones such as my recent grab ELF (stands for eyes, lips and face).

I wanted to explore some more on this, as they say usually nowadays: "Make up make up din pag may time!"  For follow up blog on this, I don't know If I can come up with one (I wish I can), because my mind may change and dump this idea and dump the make up ideas as well and still go for the natural look. So if somebody would encourage me to go for it I might...who knows? IDK for now...Byeee!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Notebook Experience

Tuna Veggie Wrap