The Best Ways and Times to Weigh

In the pursuit for wellness and staying fit there are basic questions on how to do this properly.  I think the first thing that I should do now is to know my present weight. This is bad because I never had a chance to know my actual weight before I started on my diet scheme.  I could have a bath scale but I don’t think that one is accurate. Back then when I was working on a health care facility I would weigh in everyday, not just once but three times a day: the moment I came in the clinic; after lunch and before going home.  

As far as I could remember my weigh would range from 110 lbs. to 115 lbs. According to weight watchers it is not recommended that we should weigh in everyday. The most ideal is to weigh in once a week or even once a month so we could monitor the weight lost properly and would not be discourage or obsessed if there are minimal improvement. Weigh loss would not be possible on a one day only.

For women hormonal change often leads to weight loss or weight gain. There are times when women’s body retains water especially prior to menstruation. That is why women feel bloated before their period comes. Some women before menstruation crave for food especially sweets and salty food. Remember increase sodium or salt in the system can attract water and retain water in the system.  There are also times when we need to hydrate during hot humid seasons, this means increase water in our system and increase weight as well.

For me I think it is not also advisable to weigh on the early morning immediately after getting up. There are also water retentions and of course we need to eradicate any other forms of retentions including gas. We need to move around a bit and feel little warmer then hit on the weighing scale.   

I think the best ways and times to weigh are:

  • For women, a week before and after menstrual period
  • Once a week or if you can still have the patience, do it  once a month
  • Around 10 AM (If you wake up at around 6 AM)
  • Before ingesting any food around 3-4 hours before eating
  • After urinating, defacating and passing out flatus (I mean elimination) But, make sure you are not dehydrated
  • With no clothes (If in the privacy of your own bathroom) or light clothes and same amount of clothes every time you weigh in
  • Use the same weighing scale, even if bathroom scale is not that accurate, this is an alternative that buying expensive one if your neighbor is a health clinic well that is a good option.
  • No alcohol consumption, like 12-24 hours before weighing

So now, we will hit the near by clinic or buy a bathroom scale.  

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Notebook Experience

Tuna Veggie Wrap